Electric Woks are one of the simplest cooking tools to possess in your kitchen as they will fit an outsized amount of food and are ideal for creating Asian cuisine. Sometimes, however, a wok is simply too big and too comfortably fit on top of your stove, leaving you to buy an electric one instead. Instead of randomly picking a wok and hoping that you simply made the proper decision, consider these top best electric woks. Each item on the list was built to last and is large and easy to use.
The Electric wok has been used for stir-frying which needs adding oil to a hot pan and cooking food instantly and searing flavors of sauces and oil to all ingredients. Dishes get a unique flavor when cooked in a wok, which is known as the ‘breath of the wok’ by Chinese. An electric wok is a modernized version of the traditional carbon steel wok that is ubiquitous in any Asian The major reason for the wok’s popularity today is that they retain heat during the preparation of all the stir-fried meals.
Breville BEW600XL Hot Wok | Best rated electric wok
This powerful 1500 watt wok allows you to fry quickly to retain crispness and colour for eating. A huge 6 qt capacity, it can simply serve family meals. With 15 accurate heat settings, this strong 14″ wok arrives up to a searing 425℉ having thick aluminium walls that preserve the high heat needed for authentic.
Asian style gas cooking With a large 14” diameter, this 1500 watt wok raises the heat and holds it up to its walls for stir-fries, steaming, braising and shallow frying with less oil. Similar to gas cooking, the Butterfly Heating element evenly distributes heat up the walls of the wok bowl.
- Stainless steel base / Diecast wok bowl having Quantanium non-adjacent
- 6 Quart Capacity / 14″ Diameter (family size)
- Removable temperature control probe
- Cook ‘n’ Look glass lid
- Dishwasher safe bowl and lid
- 1500W butterfly component heats up to 425ºF with 15 precision heat settings.
- Voltage-110 – 120 Volts
Cuisinart WOK-730 7-2/7-Quart | Stainless Steel Electric Wok
This wok adjusts to any temperature. It has a great non-stick surface for ease of cooking and also for easy clean-up. It also has a stainless steel exterior with die-cast handles. But be careful the handles can get very hot. Dishwasher safe and also comes with accessory rack and wooden spatulas. Very versatile, can be used for many cooking methods besides stir-fry
- Stainless-steel exterior with die-cast handles;
- domed lid; nonstick cooking surface
- A removable temperature probe adjusts from warm to 450 degrees F
- Accessory racks, wooden spatulas, and instructions included; dishwasher-safe parts
- Measures 17-2/7 by 13-3/5 by 10 inches; 3-year limited warranty
Presto 5900 1500-Watt Stainless-Steel Electric Wok
The quick and easy way to prepare sizzling stir-fry meals. Healthy stir-fry cooking dehydrates ingredients in only a small amount of oil to save nutrients also as fresh colors, flavors, and textures. 120 volts, 60 Hz only. It should not be used with an adapter.
- Stir-fry cooking sears ingredients fast in a small amount of oil preserving nutrients, and textures.
- The wok’s body and handles are made from luxurious chrome steel. Tempered glass cover also features a chrome steel rim and handle. The special aluminum-clad base gives quick and uniform high-temperature preparation.
- A 1500-watt component provides the high searing temperature needed for stir-fry cooking.
- Includes long-handled wooden spatula with a wide-angled edge that conforms to the shape of the wok.
- Easy to clean! Wok and canopy are fully immersible and dishwasher safe with heat control removed.
Aroma Housewares AEW-306 5-Quart Electric Wok with Tempered Glass Lid
This sleek metal wok from Aroma is for heating up fastly and preserves its extreme heat as you prepare; sealing within the flavor of your foods for professional outcomes, whenever. Full range temperature controls give great versatility. To make clean-up as easy as operation, the within of the wok and domed lid are nonstick coated. Not just for stir-fry, it’s also great for braising, steaming, and tempura. It’s everything you need to make all your favorite modern and traditional Asian foods.
- LARGE SIZE & QUICK HEAT UP: this massive 5-Quart capacity wok gives you all the space you would like to form anything you’ve got in mind. It’s made to handle high temperatures, heat up rapidly and maintain the heat so you can make cooking delicious meals faster and easier
- DURABLE & NONSTICK: Our stir fry pan is made using durable and heavy-duty cast aluminum that can handle daily use in the long run which coupled with the nonstick coating provides you with a simple way to cook even the messiest of dishes without worrying about lengthy cleanups
- COOK sort of a PRO: The wok with lid is meant with a temperature probe that permits you to take care of a uniform temperature for even cooking. The lid is designed with a steam vent that allows you to control the moisture when cooking or steaming giving you the freedom to make stir fry, soups, fajitas, fried tempura, and much more
- EASY TO HANDLE & CLEAN: The cool-touch base and handles make it easier and safer to use the wok while keeping you in control. The entire wok can easily be disassembled and detached from the base to be cleaned in the dishwasher or hand-washed in the sink
Continental Electric PS-SK319 Chef Electric Wok
Wow, your guests with this electric chef wok pan and make all your stir-fry recipes with ease. Use less oil and get more nutrients out of your vegetables. Durable chrome steel body and non-stick surface for quality results. Side handles and tempered glass lid allow you to handle with care and no splattered mess. Adjustable temperature control to cook evenly.
The perfect addition to any kitchen, dorm room, or small apartment area where you need to cook just for one or a family-size meal. Try it in your RV for fun recipes on the road.
- CONVENIENT SPACE to feature to your cooking area with this electric wok pan and make all of your recipes with ease.
- DURABLE chrome steel body and non-stick surface for quality results.
- SIDE HANDLES and tempered glass lid allow you to handle with care and no splattered mess.
- ADJUSTABLE TEMPERATURE control to cook evenly.
- MEASURES: 16. 5L x 14W x 7. 5H” Inches, with 900watt power.
This electric wok is large in size and, therefore, you can easily use it when preparing delicious meals for your loved ones. The choice is made of aluminum, and, consequently, it is likely to pass the test of time. Moreover, this 14-inch wok has a non-stick interior that features an advanced coating that prevents the food from sticking to it.
Even more so, given its features, this option can efficiently be used when preparing oil-free meals. To adjust the cooking temperature, one just has to use the rotary dial and to select one of the four adjustments available. You can choose from warm 176°F, low 302°F, medium 374°F or high 446°F.
- 7.4QT CAPACITY ELECTRIC WOK – this massive electric aluminum wok offers many spaces to cook up large portions of delicious Asian-style dishes
- 14 INCH WOK NON-STICK – interior features a complicated coating to stop food sticking and enables healthy little-to-no-oil cooking
- ADJUSTABLE TEMPERATURE CONTROL – use the rotary dial to select one of 4 heat settings: Warm (176°F), Low (302°F), Medium (374°F) & High (446°F)
- COOL TOUCH HANDLES – both the tempered glass lid and the aluminum pan feature heat-resistant silicone handles for added ease of use
- DIMENSIONS – L14.8” x D14” x 8.7”. Weight: 5.5lb
Buyers Guide for Electric Wok
It is essential to see what kind of material is used in the making of the wok you intend to buy. For works that aren’t electric, forged iron is that the usual choice, because it helps with searing food to a T. However, electric woks need to keep weight to a minimum, which means that other materials are preferred to the cumbersome cast iron. Stainless steel is a great option, and a type of material often used for cooking utensils, because it does not rust and it can handle a lot of wear and tear. It is also more lightweight and easy to wash, which is why people prefer it. If you search for the best stainless steel electric wok, you will find models that enjoy a lot of favorable feedback from users.
- Non-stick coating
There is quite a debate going on in the community of home cooks who use woks in their cooking. Some say that non-stick coating can make searing more difficult, and you will not be able to stir fry properly. However, this type of surface is easier to clean, so there are definite advantages and can be found on different crepe maker also. Modern woks that employment with electricity usually accompany non-stick coating, to form maintenance easier. If you want to stick to the safe side and prevent burning your food and having to deal with a burnt wok afterward, go for this type of coating. The best electric wok to shop for should come equipped with such a feature.
- Heat control
One thing that will make the best rated electric wok stand out from the rest is the number of extra features. Heat control is necessary because not all ingredients can be stir-fried at the same temperature and you need to vary the temperature to obtain excellent results.
Tips for using woks image
- Use oils with a high smoke point, such as canola, vegetable, corn, or grapeseed, that can stand up to the high heat of stir-frying.
- Heat the wok before adding oil to it. Don’t heat the wok and oil together: woks take a while to heat and the oil will likely burn.
- A wok is fully heated when you sprinkle it with a few water droplets and they quickly disappear. (This trick can be used for any pan.)
- Cut ingredients into small, even pieces. The smaller the pieces, the quicker they cook — long, thin strips are popular for stir-frying.
- To get a good sear, add ingredients to the surface of the wok in batches. Then, push them to the side before adding more.
- Use a tumbling motion to toss ingredients in a wok, or use a wok spatula.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Q. For cooking in an electric wok, can I use olive oil?
A. If you’re cooking stir-fries at high heat, we don’t recommend using olive oil, as it has a low smoke point and will burn at high temperatures. Alternatives include avocado oil, canola oil, peanut oil, and sesame oil.
- Q. In an electric wok, what can I cook?
A. You can cook just about anything you’d cook in a standard pan, including stir-fries, stews, soups, rice, fried foods, and even popcorn.