It’s been decades since White Mountain Ice cream Maker came into existence. Despite operating in this industry for years, do their products and technology really offer the best bang for your bucks? To give you an insight into this brand and its product, here’s a review.
About White Mountain Ice Cream Marker Company
The White Mountain ice cream maker company was founded in 1853, providing families and individuals with an opportunity to make their own delicious ice cream. Originally, the brand manufactured wooden bucket ice cream makers with a hand crank.
It was in 1953 when they introduced an ice cream maker powered by an electric motor. The company is said to be committed to using top-notch materials, wood, metals, and manufacturing techniques to create the world’s finest ice cream makers.
On its commitment to utilize the highest-quality metals, woods, and manufacturing techniques to manufacture some of the finest ice creams in the world, The White Mountain® brand team prides itself.
White Mountain Electric Ice Cream Maker
A uniquely designed, twin-blade ‘dasher’ is at the heart of the White Mountain ice cream maker. The blades turn both clockwise and counterclockwise and the outer canister turns clockwise. Creating the smoothest and creamiest down-home ice cream ever made, that triple-motion action continuously folds the ingredient mixture from the outer walls back onto itself.
- Enhanced 12,000 RPM Motor:
A churning torque is needed for making homemade ice cream. The White Mountain Electric Ice cream maker. It provides the churning torque needed.
- Triple-Action Dasher
The patented dasher system is constructed of heavy-duty cast iron and is electroplated for lasting durability. To ensure uniform scraping of the ice cream mixture on the canister’s interior sidewall, it will never warp out of shape and the beechwood blades are self-adjusting.
- New England Pine Bucket
The premium dark wood stained bucket is crafted of select pine from New England and bound with strong galvanized hoops and electroplated fittings to ensure lasting stability.
Simply plug it in and you’ll have a delicious batch of ice cream ready to enjoy, Once you whip up your favorite ice cream recipe and set up the ice cream maker. With plenty of power to make sure every batch comes out perfect, the new, improved 12,000-rpm motor is designed.
White Mountain Hand Crank Ice Cream Maker
With the White Mountain Hand Crank Ice Cream Maker, we could make homemade ice cream in the old fashioned way. It uses the triple-motion action to repeatedly fold the ingredient mixture from the outer walls back onto itself, creating gentle, whipped ice cream that tastes just as flavors as you remember.
The three-gear drive hand-cranked system is sturdy yet easy enough for the whole family to use. The patented cast iron dasher system is designed to never warp, while the beechwood blades are self-adjusting to ensure uniform scraping of the ice cream mixture from the canister’s interior wall.
The heavy-duty stainless steel canister gives years of ice cream making duty, and the premium dark wood stained bucket is the masterpiece selected from New England pine and regulated with strong galvanized hoops and electroplated fittings to ensure the products warranty.
The motor is held and easily released by the slide and lock brackets. Amazing for parties, sleepovers, family get-togethers and warm summer days, the White Mountain Ice Cream Maker is the highlight of every event.
- It makes in 30 to 40 minutes up to 4 [A21]quarts of ice cream
- For a creamy, smooth consistency, Triple-motion action dasher system is available
- Churning and blending ice cream is made easy by heavy-duty-3-gear-drive-hand-crank system
- Years of reliable use are provided by Stainless steel canister and lid.
- Strong galvanized hoops bounds Handcrafted New England pin wood for lasting its durability period.
- The product would Ships in Certified Frustration-Free Packaging all around the world.
Frequently Asked Questions
How White Mountain Ice Cream Maker Works
The freezing in the White Mountain Ice Cream Maker by utilizing rock salt and ice as a refrigerant. By lowering its melting point, rock salt causes ice to melt quicker. The “brine solution” or liquid that develops in the wooded bucket takes up heat from the ice cream mix and progressively decreases the temperature of the mix until it starts to freeze.
The ice would melt at 32 degrees Fahrenheit and gradually the ice water and ice cream mix would stabilize at 32 degrees if no salt was added to the ice. we need to add salt and lower the melting point of the ice because the ice cream will not start to freeze until its temperature falls below 27 degrees.
We need a salt concentration or a ratio of 5 cups of ice to 1 cup of salt, for our purposes. This would form a good brine solution. Our brine temperature at this concentration should remain constant at 8 to 12 degrees Fahrenheit. Rapid cooling and freezing would be given to us as it is essential to make gentle, whipped ice cream.
How to make Ice Cream Using White Mountain Ice Cream Maker
- Chill your recipe in the refrigerator.
- Using a mallet or hammer or using small chunks of ice from the store or freezer. By filling a cloth bag, prepare your ice and break it into coarse pieces.
- After resting easily on the metal guide in the bottom of the bucket, place the stainless steel canister into the wooden bucket. Insert your dasher in the canister making sure that the protrusion on the bottom of the canister fits into the socket of the dasher.
- Never fill it more than half full, pour your refrigerated recipe into the canister. Turn the dasher stem with your fingers until it turns freely after Assembling the can cover.
- Place the gear frame into the spot by grasping the gear frame and connecting the dasher stem into the socket of the gear frame, place the gear into the still. For slide the cranking end into the bucket ear. The opposite end of the gear frame will fit into the bucket latch. For Electric Ice Cream Makers: make sure to secure the unit with the logo towards you, with the bucket logo also facing you. Insert both rights and left sides of the unit into the steel ear respectively.
- Bulge your wooden bucket to the top of the canister with ice. Run your motor for approximately 2 minutes so that the canister chills evenly by Cranking or plugging the cord into the outlet. Then 2 cups of rock salt must be added to the top of the ice. Add more ice and 2 more cups of rock salt as the ice melts down to 2 to 3 inches.
- On the point where your ice cream mix has been churned suitably(20-25 minutes – could be longer if you prefer cranking by hand), it would get the consistency of soft ice cream. This can be found out when it becomes arduous to turn the crank or when the motor sounds like it’s absolutely straining. Unplug motor. Your homemade Ice cream is prepared for packing or eating.
- Carefully remove the motor unit or gear frame by holding the canister cover securely. The canister cover should then be removed. Take the dasher outside, and scoop off excess ice cream with a wooden spoon. You are now ready to eat the ice cream or pack the ice cream for better and efficient consistency.
How to Clean White Mountain Ice Cream Maker
In the duration where the Maker is not used continuously, the wooden bucket of the product would dry out after it has been kept away for any duration. You should fill the bucket halfway with water before each use (especially when using it for the first time). This will provide the wood with a chance to erupt so that in turn, the salt brine solution would not ooze out during the process of freezing. Soak it for an hour, then dispose of the water. Do not forget to store the product in a cool place to help increase the guarantee of your ice cream maker.
- Remove the plug of Ice Cream Maker from the outlet before the cleaning process.
- Ensure that the wooden bucket is washed and dried, so that salt does not corrode the metal parts of your maker.
- Rinse the steel canister with soapy water. Make sure it is completely dried afterward.
Safety Precaution While Using White Mountain Ice Cream Maker
- READ ALL INSTRUCTIONS BEFORE USE.
- Do not touch hot surfaces. Use handles or knobs. Unplug before inserting or removing parts.
- Do not immerse cord, plugs, or appliance base in water or other liquid, to protect against electrical shock
- People (including children) who have reduced physical, sensory or mental capabilities or lack of experience and knowledge should be strictly restricted from using this appliance unless proper supervision or instruction regarding the usage of the appliance has been provided to them by a person who is responsible for their safety.
- To ensure that children do not play with the appliance, they should be supervised.
- When any appliance is used by or near children, or incapacitated individuals, close supervision is necessary.
- This Product is not a toy.
- Unplug from outlet when not in use or before cleaning or storing.
- Before putting on or taking off parts, and before cleaning the appliance, allow cooling
- Do not operate the appliance with a damaged cord or plug, in the event of a malfunction, or if it is dropped or damaged in any manner. For examination, repair, electrical or mechanical adjustments, you could easily return the appliance to the nearest authorized service facility.
- fire, electric shock or injury to persons if accessory attachments that are not recommended by the appliance manufacturer are used.
- We recommend you use only accessories or replacement parts with this product that are supplied by Sunbeam Products, Inc. d/b/a Jarden Consumer Solutions, which is the safest accessory brand we’ve come across.
- Do not touch hot surfaces or suspend the cord over the edge of the table
- Deposition of the cordon or near a hot gas or electric burner, or in a heating oven may lead to hazardous results
- When moving an appliance containing hot water or other hot liquids, extreme caution must be maintained.
- Removing the plug from the wall outlet is the best option recommended to disconnect the machine.
- Other usages of the appliances other than its intended use are not recommended and are regarded as unsafe
- Keeping the cord near children’s reach may lead to serious injuries or destruction
- Contact with moving parts must be avoided.
Best white mountain ice cream maker recipes:
Classic Vanilla ice cream recipe:
|Half and half||1 cup||2 cups||3cups|
|Vanilla extract||1.5tsp||2 T||3 T|
|Whipped cream||1 cup||3 cups||5 cups|
- Scald milk until bubbles form around the edge. Remove from heat.
- Add sugar and salt. Stir until dissolved.
- In the Half and Half, Whipping Cream and Vanilla, stir it.
- Cover and refrigerate 30 minutes. Freeze as directed.
- STRAWBERRY: Add pureed strawberries (1 ½ cups – 2-quart recipe, 4 cups – 4-quart recipe, and 6 cups – 6-quart recipe). The chill mixture before freezing.
- CANDY SUPREME: During the last 5 to 10 minutes of mixing, add your favorite chocolate candy. (½ cup – 2-quart recipe, 1 cup – 4-quart recipe, 2 cups -6 quart recipe.)
- PEACH: Add pureed peaches strawberries (1 ½ cups – 2-quart recipe, 4 cups – 4-quart recipe, 5 cups – 5 quart, and 6 cups – 6-quart recipe). The chill mixture before freezing.
Rich Chocolate Ice cream recipe
|Sugar||1.5 cups||2.5 cups||4 cups|
|Cornstarch||1 T||2 T||3 T|
|Milk||3 cups||6 cups||9 cups|
|Semi-sweet chocolate||3 squares||6 squares||9 squares|
- Combine sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a saucepan. Gradually stir in milk.
- Cook over medium heat until the mixture begins to simmer, stirring constantly.
- Place beaten eggs into a separate large pan
- Gradually stir about 1 cup of the hot mixture at a time into the beaten eggs.
- Add the remaining hot mixture, stirring constantly.
- Until slightly thickened, cook and stir over low heat (about 2 minutes)
- Stir in the melted chocolate.
- Beat with a whisk until the mixture is smooth.
- In the Half and Half, Whipping Cream and Vanilla, stir it.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours.
- Freeze as directed. (Check Video)